Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ramblings from the "Imposter Stay at home Mom"

So I feel like I am a crazy lady these days.  No comments please (yet)!! One day I am a total domestic diva making home made play-dough http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Playdough-Play-doh/ and finger paints (equal parts flour and water with food coloring).  The next day I am feeding my kid mac n cheese AGAIN!!!. This whole being home as my job thing is kind of crazy.  Not bad, just strange to me.  First off I must hand it to my other stay at home mom friends.  Your job is HARD!! How do you find things for you kids to do all day? Lets be honest, some days don't you just want to turn on Veggie Tales for the 100,000th time.  I know I do.  But in all seriousness I am really interested to see what God has in mind for this part of my life.  I am enjoying being home with E.  But because I have worked outside the home for so long I feel like I am missing out.  The exciting part of this is that I am getting some good quality time with E that I know I will never have again.  On the other hand sometimes I am twiddling my thumbs.  There is always laundry to do, things to clean and dishes to wash.  But I am finding myself wanting something else. I know the house things are important to my family and that doing those tasks are a way to show them love.  But I am also excited to see what God has for me outside the home.  There is SOMETHING RIGHT????? I wonder how I will handle it if there is not a job for me outside the home right now.  Maybe that is what God is going to teach me.  I would love to say I wouldn't go kicking and screaming into that but well let's be honest probably not likely no matter how much I want it to be. I guess beneath all this rambling I just want to be fully His.  I find now in the quiet hours of the evening I am enjoying my time alone.  Shane at work, E in bed and me on the couch.  Some days I make great choices and really get in the word.  Other days it's just lots of Army Wives (Great show on Netflix if you are looking for a new obsession). I think this all just boils down to life is full of choices, and today I am choosing to be grateful that we serve a God who allows us to make our own.


3 comments:

  1. So much truth to what you have said. Being a stay-at-home mommy is such a blessing, but can have some moments of "is there more"? It's so comforting to know that God's plan for us (and our sweet babies) is unfolding each and every day, even if they are watching Veggie Tales for the 100,000th time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, profound thoughts and new experiences for my friend Manna. Love the honesty. Love the funny. Love the searching. Love your blog!

    Know I am one of the many praying for your life lessons and directions these days.

    Love,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete